Bonesetters are headed by lead singer Dan Snodgrass and reside in Muncie, Indiana. The sound on SAVAGES push out from heartland based rock and incorporate indie rock in equal measures which make their own flavor of two standard types of rock.
  They start the album off with the propulsive title track which features the lyrics 'Oh mama, Oh sweet mama , don't you know your daddy he ain't gonna leave you yet He only had five dollars and he spent them all on those goddamn cigarettes.'
 The feature of "Maypole" is a really cool bass line and a really nice wavering melody that is tied together with a violin part. The breakdown toward the end is nice.
  "Jesus" is a nice ballad in which Dan sings 'I shot the roots from an old oak tree with a .45 my grandaddy gave to me. Grandaddy gave to me. I shot the roots from an old oak tree with a .45 my grandaddy gave to me. Grandaddy gave to me. If we have a wedding, a shotgun it'll be'.  The end there a nice play on a theme.
 My favorite track is 'You Are Shaun Gannon'. From that open slow guitar riff to the swelling violin and killer melody that makes this an infectious pop song.
  Love this album so much. It's a hard album to sit down and review cause every time I start up this album I have to listen it all the way to the end.  Thanks to Bonesetters for the name your price download. They will be playing at Schubas in Chicago this Friday Aug 10. I will be going. I so look forward to hearing them play live!
 
  
 Dan Snodgrass: acoustic guitar, electric guitar, vocals, chord organ Sam Shafer: electric guitar, organ, piano, trumpet, backing vocals Ryan Rader: bass, backing vocals, auxiliary percussion Dan Schepper: drums Friends: Lauren Eison: violins on tracks 2,3,4,5,6 The Four Star Hoosier Quartet (Benjamin Bernthal, Adam Gross, Oliver Hopkins, Duncan Kissinger): backing vocals on tracks 1,8,9,10 Wendy Lee Spacek : Backing vocals on track 8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment